Each year the Council produces a Work programme which is subject to the approval of the ministers of Infrastructure and Water Management, of Economic Affairs and Climate Policy, of Agriculture, Nature and Food Quality, and of the Interior and Kingdom Relations. The work programme summarises the advisory topics, the latest status, and the schedule going forward.
In the coming years, the Council’s aim is to help accelerate the necessary transitions in the wider domain of the physical human environment. Because the associated challenges are closely intertwined, most of the Council’s advisory reports will transcend the boundaries of the four ministries responsible for the physical domain.
Work programme 2021-2022
Two advisory programmes that the Council is currently implementing may continue to run in 2021:
- Digitisation (work programme for 2018-2019)
- Integrated approach to accessibility (at the request of the House of Representatives)
The Council proposes selecting five new topics for its 2021-2022 programme. We explain them briefly in this letter:
- Review of nature conservation policy
- Position and future of the housing corporation system
- Managing scarce space
- Future prospects for agriculture
- Nuclear power stations